[Bridgewater State University] Part-Time Korean Faculty
Part-Time Faculty- Korean, Dept. of Global Languages and Literatures
|Title||Part-Time Faculty- Korean, Dept. of Global Languages and Literatures|
|Tenure Information||Non-Tenure Track|
The Department of Global Languages and Literatures is committed to helping students develop an in-depth understanding of foreign languages, literatures, linguistics, cultures and civilizations.
Our students learn to express their ideas and views in a new language while discovering how another culture has contributed to societal development. They become engaged international citizens who enlist language skills and cultural knowledge to succeed in a variety of careers and intellectual disciplines in an increasingly globalized world.
The Department of Global Languages & Literatures at Bridgewater State University seeks qualified and committed Part-Time Faculty who are enthusiastic teachers and dedicated to working with undergraduates for the 2019-2020 academic year. We seek part-time faculty who can teach the Korean language.
Applicants should possess:
– Ability to effectively teach in a close, collegial environment dedicated to the teaching-learning relationship.
– Strong commit to excellence in teaching and to working in a multicultural environment that fosters diversity.
– Ability to use technology effectively in teaching and learning.
– Provide quality teaching including related preparation and grading.
– Provide class syllabi to students enrolled in classes and to the department office as requested.
– Perform other related duties as assigned and/or required.
1. A Master’s Degree in Korean language or literature.
2. Teaching experience at the college level substantiated by excellent student evaluations and/or letters of recommendations.
3. Comprehensive knowledge of the concepts, technologies, principles and practices of foreign language instruction.
4. Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with students, staff and administrators.
5. Ability to exercise sound judgment in all facets of the student-teacher relationship and to teach a diverse group of college students.
This position is contingent upon grant funding by the Korea Foundation and is the first Korean language class to be offered at BSU.
|Special Conditions for Eligibility|
Please be aware that employment at Bridgewater State University is contingent upon completion of a successful background check.
Bridgewater State University (BSU) is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer which actively seeks to increase the diversity of its workforce. We are dedicated to providing educational, working and living environments that value the diverse backgrounds of all people.
Posting Detail Information
|Open Until Filled||Yes|
|Special Instructions to Applicants|
Please note the following information is required to complete your application for this position:
*a minimum of three (3) professional reference entries.
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
Documents Needed To Apply
- Cover Letter
- Teaching Statement
- Curriculum Vitae