Korean Honor Society (KHS)
The Korean Honor Society (KHS) aims to promote interest in the study of Korean, to reward scholastic achievement and to promote an understanding and appreciation of the Korean language, culture and civilization. The American Association of Teachers of Korean (AATK) and the K-12 Korean Language Teachers Association in USA (KLTA-USA) sponsor this organization.
Korean Honor Society Constitution (Click Here)
KHS Chapter and Membership Guidelines
- KHS Chapter Guidelines
- All accredited high schools in North America offering Korean language courses are eligible to establish a Korean Honor Society Chapter.
- Faculty sponsors must first become a member of the AATK and the KLTA-USA; the KHS is co-sponsored by both organizations. After that, they must apply to establish a KHS chapter at their respective schools.
- KHS Membership Guidelines: Students who satisfy the following criteria may be nominated for KHS membership:
- Students have completed three semesters of Korean instruction at his or her school.
- Students must have achieved an average of 3.5 out of 4.0 (A- or 90%) or above in all Korean language courses including the semester of selection. They must also have maintained a general scholastic GPA of 3.0 out of 4.0 (B- or 80%) or above for all secondary school credit including the semester of selection.
- Individual chapters may set additional eligibility requirements.
Contact KHS for more information: email@example.com