The Department of Korean Language Education of Seoul National University(SNU) invites applications for 1 position full-time, open rank, and tenure track positions in "Theory & Research Methodology in Korean Language Education"(esp. in Korean Language Acquisition, Contrastive-error analysis, Inter-language, Comparative culture education and others in KFL). SNU seeks international scholars with outstanding research and teaching credentials who will play an integral role in the development, growth, and diversity of their respective programs.
Each candidate must have earned a Ph.D. by the 03. 2008 start date and will be expected to lecture in English, also must have FOREIGN(not Korean) nationality (Overseas Koreans who don't have Korean nationality are applicable). Excellent competence in oral and written English is essential for each position, and native-level competence will be regarded as highly desirable in assessing applications.
* a rewarding and stable career structure for productive faculty members
* a twelve-month based salary
* a comprehensive medical insurance program* on campus housing at substantially below market cost
* one semester paid research leave out of every seven semesters
* intra-university research grants
* reimbursement of relocation expenses
* the opportunity to work with dedicated student assistants of extremely high ability
The faculty of Seoul National University reflects the outcome of the integration of public educational staff of the Republic of Korea. As a consequence, Seoul National University faculties should observe the Government Officials Act and the Rule for the Public Educational Personnel and Staff Act.
(1) Teaching, research and guidance for students full-time faculties shall in principle nine hours every week on the basis of thirty weeks per school year. teach 9 hours per week for 30 weeks each year. (Enforcement Decree of the Higher Education Act Art.6)
(2) Duty of Fidelity (State Public Officials Act, Art.56)
(3) Duty of Obedience (State Public Officials Act, Art.57)
(4) Prohibition of Deserting from Office (State Public Officials Act, Art.58)
(5) Duty of Maintain Dignity (State Public Officials Act, Art.63)
(6) Prohibition of Lucrative Business and Concurrent Office (State Public Officials Act, Art.64)
All members of the faculty, also as Public Educational Staffs of Korea, shall respect the duties of Government officials including duty of confidentiality and duty of integrity.
Deadline for applications is June 15, 2008. Electronic submission of applications is preferable. Send documents of cover letter(free form), curriculum vitae(with photo attached), research accomplishment protocol(FORM), research $ education plan(free form).